Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- The Accounting Associate should be a candidate who has just completed his/her studies in any of the Finance disciplines and is seeking a job to gain relevant industry experience. The candidate must have completed NYSC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure all accounting and finance records are properly filed.
- Assist in preparation of payment vouchers.
- Assist in the preparation of accounts payable reconciliations.
- Assist in the monthly period close by preparing assigned month end schedules.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the accounting team.
- Basic understanding of accounting and bookkeeping.
- Must have started ICAN/ACCA and is at least at Foundation Level.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related field with a minimum of Second Class Upper.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of any accounting software will be an added advantage.
- Fast learner and able to work in a team.
- Resilient and ability to think out of the box.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology.
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family.
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click here to apply