Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Energy and Infrastructure Finance
Job ID: 34865
Job Sector: Investment Banking
- Investment Banking provides clients with a range of advisory and financing solutions. Specialising in high-growth emerging markets, our expert advisers work on mergers and acquisitions, capital restructurings and empowerment deals, as well as arranging finance for acquisitions, client projects and property transactions.
- To provide transaction, execution and structuring support, and closing of all financing transactions undertaken within the E&I and the larger Investment Banking Unit
- To work in co-ordination with other team members/units and towards achieving performance targets, ensure zero / minimal risk exposure to Stanbic IBTC Capital and Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC
- To assist in coaching colleagues of similar or junior grade
- To participate in marketing efforts / initiatives to generate additional IB revenues from new/existing clients in the E&I space
- Assist in the origination and execution of transactions for both existing and prospective clients
- Assist in obtaining the requisite approvals for mandates, (including preparation of NBAC and MAC submissions);
- Assist in the preparation of mandate letters
- Provide support in respect of debt advisory and debt arranging mandates; Review and structuring of project documentation; and due diligence reports;
- Review and interrogation of financial models, preparation of Terms Sheets and Offer Letters and any other transaction documents, as well as arranging documents to be signed;
- Assisting in providing supporting materials for writing credit application documents jointly with the Credit Team, submitting and presenting all requisite approval documents;
- Assist in developing and completion of transaction deliverables (i.e. Information Memoranda, Transaction Timetable, Financial Models, Term Sheets, etc);
- Working in conjunction with other team members for putting forward innovative financing solutions to clients, the bank’s senior management and colleagues;
- Preparation of marketing documentation and participation in presentations;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of client relationships (visiting clients with senior bankers to deliver pitches); Monitoring industry trends in the Oil, Gas, Power and Infrastructure sectors;
- Assist in day-to-day administrative work as delegated and carrying out other duties as required by the job;
- Ensure an understanding of and compliance with the policies, procedures and processes of the bank;
- Liaise and assist in driving ancillary revenues by engaging with other teams (on an ongoing basis). Such teams include Credit, Transactional product services, Finance, Business Banking, Global Markets e.t.c
- Coaching of junior colleagues to ensure they are motivated and can support the team objectives.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A Master’s Degree would be advantageous; however this is not deemed a prerequisite for effectively undertaking the role – relevant professional related qualification would also suffice.
- International Certificate in Finance and Accounting
- Credit delivery
- Loan processing
- Debt Consolidation
- Legal Collections
- Operating cash flow analysis
- Financial statement analysis
Application Closing Date
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualify applicants click here to apply