Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job ID: 28192
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
- Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- To create and deliver data-driven measurement, analytics, insights and analysis to provide value to a portfolio of business areas, including next-best action, segmentation, churn, life time value, or loyalty analysis and modelling in order to enable optimal decision making.
- To analyse, model and predict key parameters, trends and customer behaviours, taking into account the economic environment, seasonality, business cycles, knowledge of clientele, pricing and key business strategies.
- To create high-quality leads by building analytical models to predict individual customer needs, preferences, behaviour, risk and other key parameters.
Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and modelling:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Adopt analytic models and create actionable insights:
- Cross / up-sell modelling
- Retention/churn/attrition analysis and modelling
- Income estimation modelling.
- Customer life time value modelling
- Channel preference modelling
- Manage the end-to-end process of individual model development, from initial consultation with the relevant business units to delivery of final presentation and implementation of regular scoring of customers
Data management and Critical business support:
- Provide critical support to business using other data-driven analytics, such as data-based customer segmentation and identification of key trends in customer behaviour across channel, product and segment
- Keep abreast of latest developments in predictive modelling and optimization
Business area: SIBTC Group
- Job: Provide Service
- Nature of relationship: Provide and receive a service
- Sphere of influence: Impact the whole Group
- Description or examples: Financial and customer data modelling
Role type of external contact: Vendors
- Nature of relationship: Manage the relationship
- Description or examples: Third Party Service
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualify applicants click here to apply