African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Division Manager, Operations and Maintenance
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50092476
The Vice Presidency for ‘Private Sector Infrastructure and Industrialization’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s TYS H5s priority of “Industrialize Africa”.
The objectives of the Complex are to: develop the ‘Africa Industrial Strategy’; provide deep sector expertise to the Regions by leveraging on experienced individuals who can be consulted on complex transactions; develop new financing instruments; act as the Bank’s Spoke person on “Industrialize Africa”.
- The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS) are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered.
- To this end the CHGS department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programs for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties.
- The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The CHGS department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement.
- These divisions are: Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1); Corporate Procurement Division (CHGS.2); and Support Services Division (CHGS.3).
The objective of this position will be to plan, organize, control and direct the activities of the Operations and Maintenance Division and to provide strategic orientation in the area of management of properties and assets and real estate maintenance. The job holder will organize, coordinate and manage all activities related to the development and implementation of monitoring the policies, procedures and practices of properties and assets management and maintenance services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the Supervision of the Director CHGS, the Division Manager, Operations and Maintenance will:
Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the Division;
- Recommend and develop the Bank’s strategy concerning movable and immovable property;
- Develop strategies, policies and procedures concerning the acquisition and management of lands, buildings and fixed assets and oversee their implementation;
- Contribute to the formulation of strategies for replacement, rehabilitation and maintenance of Bank property and ensure their implementation;
- Co-ordinate the review of all guidelines, procedures and manuals on the management, operation, rehabilitation and maintenance of all Bank property and technical installations; recommend the necessary amendments and prepare the texts required in that regard;
- Co-ordinate and supervise all activities relating to locating, fitting out, equipping and maintaining space or buildings required for the Bank’s operations at its headquarters, temporary relocation site and regional or national offices and representations;
- Co-ordinate the preparation of guidelines on standards for allocation of office space, equipment and parking lots to staff members, and supervise their implementation;
- Co-ordinate the periodical inventory of movable and immovable assets; Recommend the appropriate procedures for identifying and easily locating the Bank’s property and equipment, and follow-up their rigorous implementation;
- Propose, plan and supervise the development and application of computerized systems for the management of space, property and equipment, as well as support to and reinforcement of CHGS internal control procedures
- Initiate pre-investment studies and detailed studies for procurement, construction, rehabilitation, or development of land, buildings and/or equipment;
- Supervise the preparation of terms of reference and technical specifications for services, works and equipment/materials to be procured. Participate in the negotiation and formulation of the ensuing contracts and co-ordinate their management;
- Take appropriate steps to ensure that the Bank’s buildings conform to the existing standards concerning resistance to bad weather and in the event of natural disasters and with regard to fire security.
- Plan, prepare and negotiate maintenance and cleaning contracts and supervise their implementation.
- Prepare submit and manage the investment and administrative budgets relating to rental charges, co-ownership, energy, water, furniture, and the maintenance and cleaning services and all categories of works;
- Facilitate the dissemination of best practices through the evaluation and the review of experiences in the management of property, installations, equipment and space;
- Agree annual activity programs with the Division staff concerned, based on the Division orientations, co-ordinate and supervise all their activities.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualify applicants click here to apply