Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Duration: 24 months
Start Date: 01/05/2019
- The Nigeria mission has been open in 2010 by ACF-US and will come under ACF-FR management from January 1, 2019. ACF Nigeria currently undertaking the following activities: Security and Livelihoods Nutrition, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene. The mission consists of a team of 500+ national employees and about 50 international employees.
- The base of Damaturu gathers a large team with close to 200 staffs. The projects aims to both humanitarian and development purposes, with a few long-term health and nutrition projects and multiple donors (DFID, GAC, SIDA, ECHO and USAID). The security situation in Yobe, has improved since 2017, but there a still risks and the situation remains a bit unpredictable.
General Description of the Position
- You will ensure effectively manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Yobe State.
More precisely your missions will be:
- Ensure field representation of ACF and adherence to Mandate/Charter/Principles.
- Effectively manage and develop ACF Programming and Strategy in Yobe State
- Ensure Safety/Security of ACF personnel and assets
Do you fit the requested profile?
- You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations
- You have a significant experience with INGOs in insecure setting on the same type of position (at least 3 years)
- If you have a previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies, it would be considered as an asset.
- You have excellent management skills specially of large scale programme (You are experience in HR, projects and stress management)
- You have strong ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
- You have excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
- You have proven experience in security management
- You are disciplined, organised and able to work independently
- You are fluent in English
- You have excellent drafting and written skills
Specific Conditions / Salary
- 24 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Monthly gross salary: from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: €539 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and Accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period every 12 weeks and coverage of the transportation expenses
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external training costs upon eligibility of the request.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should click here to apply