CHI Pharmaceuticals is renowned for the high standards delivered to our customers through the manufacturing and provision of quality essential medicines produced at our WHO certified plant located in Ajao Estate, Lagos. The Company holds current international quality certifications from the following agencies: WHO, UNICEF, USAID & USP. It distributes its own products and those of third party companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Grade: Manager
Department: Eli Lilly
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing
Objective/Purpose of Job
- To oversee the sales operation of CHI Pharmaceuticals by formulating strategies and action plans to maximize sales in the eastern region of Nigeria.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountability
- Internally Relates with: Sales Team and Supply Chain Department
- Externally Relates with: Clients
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with Head of Agency and Head of SBU to establish sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for the south-west in support of national objectives
- Meet area sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements and preparing an annual budget
- Allocate territories to sales representatives, monitor team’s performance while motivating them to reach targets
- Communicate job expectations; planning, coaching, supervising, appraising, and reviewing job contributions of sales representatives on a monthly basis
- Personally observe the performance of sales representatives in the field on a weekly basis
- Participate in recruitment of new medical/sales reps
- Build and maintains rapport with key customers while identifying new customer opportunities
- Implement trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors
- Ensure the head of Sales & Marketing and head of Agency are routinely updated – especially in relation to customer visits, quoting, forecasting and similar information.
Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- B.Sc in Pharmacy or in any Science related subject
- 4 – 6 years experience
- Strong Business Acumen
- Customer/Client Focus
- Excellent Leadership, Communication, Selling Skills, Negotiation Skills & Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com specifying the location.