Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Compensation & Benefits
About the Role
- Andela is seeking a Compensation & Benefits Director to oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of company-wide compensation and benefits programs.
- To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in building equitable compensation programs across multiple African countries.
- As a key operational and thought partner to our leadership in the People team, you will play a crucial role in shaping total rewards for a fast-growing, world class organization.
- The role reports into the Vice President, People.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Oversees the development and execution of a comprehensive & standardised compensation structure across all functions, regions and levels within the organization, inclusive of base pay, variable pay programs, sales incentives, long and short term incentive plans, stock options and executive compensation.
- Liaises with Legal Team and Advisors on all legal issues relating to compensation & benefits. Maintains a working knowledge of local laws, custom and practice influencing compensation and benefits.
- Provides relevant data and recommendations to guide decision-making related to compensation, org structure, attrition, promotions and other people related activities. Analyze trends in the business, economy and employment marketplace to identify issues and opportunities to enhance global workforce planning strategies. Continual benchmarking on best in class within the industry.
- Facilitates the process of job evaluation and salary surveys, advises on salary budgets, and prepares policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation.
- Monitors and evaluates the company’s benefits programs including: insurance programs, retirement plans, sick leave, time off and vacation policies. Ensuring our benefits are:
- Are globally aligned but locally relevant/effective
- Are cost-effective
- Have some flexibility built to ensure that we are able to adapt to changing external and internal realities
- Consistently applied as appropriate
- Do not expose us to undue risks.
- Ensures compensation programs are current with regard to trends, practices and costs.
- Ensuring all regional and local People/HR staff have the training required to adequately support global compensation, benefit and reward programs.
- Responsible for managing vendor performance and relationships as it relates Global Compensation and Benefits Programs to ensure all performance commitments are satisfied and that Andela is receiving a high level of service. Some of such vendor may include vendors that provide benchmarking service, technology tools, Global benefit administration partners, Payroll management & PEO organization etc.
- Management, mentorship, and growth of all People/HR staff within their span of control.
- Progressive global HR experience with emphasis on Compensation & Benefits
- A passion for data-driven, People-centric and business oriented compensation philosophy & practices.
- Experience within a remuneration and compensation environment in some of the countries where Andela operates in Africa is essential
- Ability to create effective working partnerships with key stakeholders and to use these to create and implement people and organisation-related business plans that support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Experience in a challenging, dynamic and complex business environment with a special focus on multiculturalism (and internationalism).
- Meaningful professional experience in HR with a focus on Compensation and Benefits in a leadership role
- Ability to quickly build trust with staff, vendors, and partners.
- Ability to interact with diplomacy, tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner. Must exhibit high levels of professionalism and integrity at all times..
- Knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Country labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela. Ability to accommodate local labour laws Global practices/policies as required.
- Strong knowledge of:
- Salary structure
- Benefits and compensation
- Job evaluation systems
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things incredibly fast
- Persistently acting in alignment with Andela’s EPIC Values
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should click here to apply