Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician, Automation
Ref No: JR1024902
Location: Benin, Edo
Worker Type: Regular
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner. Adhere to the GNPLC policy and procedures for safety, health, environment, and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilize and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve the work environment. Deliver the best possible plant operation by maximizing plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules. Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep the process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down. Technicians will demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment. With support from Production Services Engineer, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels. Actively pursue training and development on an individual and team basis and participate in competency-based training programs.
- Support other team member development and develop positive relationships with colleagues, including contractors.
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PIP’s to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas. Compile and commentate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Take responsibility for the delivery of engineering of outstanding quality in the packaging department
- Use his expertise to support his engineering colleagues and his manager (the Packaging Engineer) to deliver equally high-quality engineering elsewhere in the department.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Planners to ensure that mechanical maintenance tasks on his line are adequately scoped, resourced, completed and evaluated.
- Participate effectively in initiatives to drive packaging performance and efficiencies through engineering skill development and coaching.
- Ensure the enforcement of the company’s standards of health, safety and environmental practices; the protection of personnel on the line as well as the protection of the company assets.
- Deliver all asset care KPI on his lines
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 3-4 years’ experience in the process industry, ideally working in a production environment.
- Familiarity with SAP, PPMS and with the principles of World Class Manufacturing (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of the fundamental principles of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and its application in the manufacturing industry, and knowledgeable in the theory and practice of BCM, Root Cause analysis, and problem-solving techniques.
- Effective project management, time management, and prioritization skills, and able to interpret engineering information and issue effective reports.
- Conversant with GNPLC health, safety, environment & hygiene policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply