GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Engineer – Customer Application Engineering
Ref Id: 3224008
Locations: Ghana-Accra, Nigeria-Lagos
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Power Services
- This position involves preparing Conversion, Modification & Uprate (CM&U) technical proposals (including research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost definition), supporting engineering deliverables and engaging in the solution of field issues.
- In this role you will utilize conceptual thinking and the ability to quickly determine applicability of GE technology to support the growing market in the SSA region.
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with retrofitting GE gas equipment
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and headquarters sales and operations support, EED components, and key Core Power Services organizations to ensure the CM&U proposal is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established quoting limits
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and conferences
- Promote and contribute to business programs (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.)
- Lead system level / fleet wide proposal activities
- Review and own proposal related metrics
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Extensive background with GE Gas and Steam Turbine, generator product line
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record for delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
- Strong customer focus mindset
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification (GE employees only).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click here to apply