We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Project Manager is in charge of the proper implementation and completion of a set of complex Projects implemented over several geographical location throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
Efficient, Effective, Quality and Timely Implementation of the Entire Projects:
- Management of the entire project(s) cycle;
- Finalize and manage the update and implementation of the detailed Project(s) Implementation Plan (PIP);
- Develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans for your staff in order to achieve the activities in the PIP;
- Finalize and manage the Project(s) Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents in order to maintain a strong record of the project(s);
- With the support of the relevant technical coordinators, develop, document and work as per designs, BoQs, tools, implementation modalities and guidelines
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Ensure that the project(s) is being implemented as per donor regulations;
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of the project(s) including regular monitoring, field visits and learning;
- Initiate and oversee needs and technical assessments and analysis, as well as preparing the follow up reports in coordination with the M&E Co and DCDs;
- Oversee the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and plans in collaboration with the M&E coordinator;
- Stay abreast of, and manage field operations as to, the prevailing security, cultural and social situation as per the guidance of the field coordinator;
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues and inform senior management accordingly;
- Identify and assign additional activities as required in coordination with the technical departments.
- Regular field visits to monitor the activities and their quality in compliance with proposals and in liaison with M&E department.
Manage and Develop the Project (s) Team:
- Ensure that all project(s) staff are provided with a full induction and are briefed on all relevant components of the project(s);
- Keep staff aware of any changes in the project(s) and in the wider organization;
- Ensure staff are aware of and operating by humanitarian principles and other codes of conduct;
- Identify need based trainings and work with HR team to develop, plan and implement relevant training plans for each team member.
- Facilitate cross program learning through joint review and planning with other departments
- Define objectives, update staff job descriptions and facilitate regular performance appraisals with support of the HR team.
- Ensure the provision of up dated records and reviews for team personnel reviews and records;
- Ensure availability of staff for necessary recruitment steps (shortlist, technical interview, placement interviews etc. ) staff as required by the HR recruitment Manage recruitment of new staff as required;
- In close collaboration with HR department manage disciplinary matters as per AAH Nigeria HR protocols;
- Manage conflict resolution and motivation exercises with the project(s) team in a proactive manner;
- Encourage compliance with the Charter and the fight against fraud, corruption and abuse of power; alert the Field Coordinator and / or Country Director in the event of fraud, corruption or abuse of power.
- Track and manage team attendance;
- Motivate, coordinate and supervise teams, providing continuous organizational support to staff and conducting regular field visits.
Maintain Comprehensive Record and Report in a Timely Manner:
- Develop a data collection and entry plan complete with tools and timeline that is integrated into the PSDs and PIPs (if not already included) in line with the Mission M&E structure and strategy.;
- Globally manage and monitor data collection and entry as per plan; in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Maintain, document and handover all project(s) records in an organized and complete manner to enable audit of the project(s);
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports as requested;
- Track the progress of activities and outcomes as well as ensuring the tracking of relevant indicators;
- Completion of quality MEAL reports;
- Participate in the weekly coordination meetings, or other ad hoc internal meetings as requested;
- Prepare handover/end of mission reports to cover periods of leave and/or upon exit from the project(s).
Assist in Wider Organizational Development Through Learning and Proposal Development Support:
- Identify, examine and report in a proactive manner any areas of geographic or sectoral growth for the organization;
- Contribute to overall project(s) design, activity implementation guidelines, training development, and documentation;
- Develop systematic mechanism for lesson learned about the programs to provide information to conduct advocacy activities, with periodic field visits to other project(s)s to strengthen across mission information and best practice sharing; and encourage the development of innovative approach
- Produce regular success stories on project implementation;
- Highlight areas of improvement within the PIPs and PSDs;
- Support wider learning by leading on project(s) based learning and research; Ø Support development of project(s) proposals, concepts and improvements.
Manage External Relations Related to the Projects:
- Represent the mission in external meetings as requested;
- Prepare and share minutes and clear action points of meetings/trainings attended;
- Coordinate with relevant UN agencies, government authorities and any other stakeholders to ensure support for the project(s) and the wider organization;
- Support Field Coordinator in liaising regularly with authorities and community representatives in relations to the mission programming and positioning;
- Represent the mission programs when and if necessary vis-a-vis donors during their field visits and other meetings;
Internal & External Relationships
- Area Coordinator: hierarchical relationship (managed by) – technical support – exchange of information;
- Project(s) Sector Team: hierarchical relationship (managing);
- Abuja Coordination Team: Support and Guidance.
- Local governmental, and non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
- Local representatives of international aid organizations : exchange of information
- Monthly Project Progress Report;
- Ensure provision of Project Budget Follow-Up monthly update (check allocation of expenditures);
- Ensure provision of project Supply Plan monthly update (check)
- Donor reports as required by Contract
- Documentation of success stories.
- Post-graduate degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Health/Nutrition, Development or other related field
- Proven multi-sector project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 4 years in an INGO;
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming;
- Familiarity with ECHO, EU, OFDA and/or DfiD reporting and regulations;
- Experience in managing medium to large-sized teams;
- Excellent written and spoken English and proficient in MS Office Applications;
- Planning and analysis capacity;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Strong experience in multi-sector emergency responses and sector coordination
- Experience and flexibility with complex/large organizational structures;
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing and donor reporting;
- Creative and innovative with excellent attention to detail;
- Good diplomatic and negotiation skills;
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should click here to apply