Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Technical Officer
- The Position will be responsible for leading, directing, coordinating and controlling all Network Operations, Maintenance and Resources in the Region to ensure all goals (optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s and quality standards) are met to deliver plus one network quality.
- Providing local network support for both the Commercial Teams in the Region towards ensuring that network impacting issues are proactively resolved.
Airtel is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role. The job description in details also include the following;
- Management of all Regional Network Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners(SPs) to deliver optimal availability and QoS
- Proactively communicate O&M status, issues & risks to management.
- Responsible for the overall alignment of regional objectives with organizational objectives by ensuring effective communication of operational plan to all stakeholders as well as its execution and monitoring
- Accountable for overall regional compliance with policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Conduct regular status/functional meetings with all stakeholders, ensuring follow through of all agreed actions.
- Support Periodic audit of all Transmission, Core and Radio Network and preventive maintenance schedule audit
- Drive continuous Network improvement of own zone drawing up improvement plan and following up on related functions within network.
- Co-ordinate the annual regional operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems in Airtel Nigeria
- Co-ordinate Annual Regional Operating Plan compilation for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Direct achievement of Annual Regional Operating Plan targets and all local and group Operating Expenditure saving initiatives to ensure optimization of all network investments
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all SPs are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly
- Identify, document and implement pertinent processes procedures and policies that will continually improve operational efficiency
- To ensure that all network facilities are maintained in adherence to global best practices
- Regulatory Compliance – Ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the Region adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
- Partner Management – Ensuring that SP requirements receive the necessary support from both the network local and central teams
- Team Management – Co-ordinate the Regional Networks team to ensure alignment with the organizational goals.
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering(Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- 8 – 12 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 4 – 6 years managerial/Supervisory experience in a GSM/mobile company
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should click here to apply