Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Operations Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
- Implement security programmes; Oversee optimum utilization of resources (manpower and equipment) maintenance of equipment, training and investigation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses expert knowledge of industry best-practices, advanced techniques and solutions within the security professional discipline to develop standards, processes and procedures.
- Will develop and administration of security programs and procedures for classified or sensitive materials, documents and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of manuals establishing procedures for handling, storing, keeping records, and for granting access to restricted areas, records and materials.
- Participate in security compliance audits and vulnerability assessments.
- Will be required to communicate succinct observations and recommendations to the site leadership that promote the safety and security of company personnel, the facility’s assets, and interests.
- Leadership of third-party security teams to ensure motivation and discipline
- Responsible for quality assurance and safety orders in the department
- Oversee effective functionality of Security Operations Control Room and armed response team
- Coordinates manpower development in the department
- Responsible for ID card production
- Ensure effective deployment and supervision of every security personnel working at Egbin power plant
- Ensure that all security personnel deployed to Egbin Power plant are properly motivated for purpose
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the CSO
- Prepare routine reports.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- A post graduate degree or relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience, 3 of which must be in security industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a self-driven and results oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently across a diverse program landscape.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities under deadlines is also required.
- Possess the ability to assist in security plan process improvements and implementation of security requirements across the site.
- Should possess the ability to prepare manuals to address regulatory requirements and assist in establishing appropriate procedures.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate and present concise, intelligent, decisive, and risk managed recommendations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to work with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Effective teaming and virtual teaming skills are also required.
- Will possess strong organizational skills and have a strong working knowledge of physical and personnel security requirements.
- Have the ability to support off-hour operations requirements as needed.
- Strong analytical-critical thinking
- Skill in electronic security solutions and implementation
- Tactical security operations skill
- Knowledge of electronic security systems in terms of hardware, installations and maintenance
- Good knowledge of planning and budgeting
- Investigation capability
- Knowledge in mentoring and leadership
- Project management skill
- Knowledge of security survey, audit and threat assessment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply