Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- This position exists to ensure timely preparation of monthly accounts, timely, complete and accurate recognition of expenses, timely payment of suppliers, statutory deductions and filing of statutory returns.
- You will report to the Director of Accounting.
- Develop accounting policies and processes that would guarantee the processing of transactions in line with best practice and help in collaborating with other departments.
- Identify gaps in current accounting policies and procedures and come up with useful suggestions on how to bridge the gap.
- Ensure that the control deficiencies identified by the external auditors in their Management Letter Comments for the year-end audit exercise are addressed.
- Carry out a quarterly fixed asset verification exercise and submit the detailed report to the Director of Accounting.
- Manage the account payable function by ensuring that suppliers invoices are posted on Netsuite when received (within 24 hours) and that payments are processed and posted as and when due.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Ensure that transactions relating to petty cash, bills payments and month end journals are correctly posted into Netsuite.
- Perform monthly inter-company reconciliation with other Andela offices.
- Review payroll computation from the payroll consultant against the input data and ensure that payroll journals are correctly posted in the system.
- Ensure timely finalisation of month end close process by preparing schedules and reconciliations of all general ledger accounts.
- Liaise with the external auditors and respond to audit queries to ensure timely conclusion of the audit.
- Timely filing of VAT and WHT returns
- University degree plus ICAN/ACCA qualification
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Nigerian tax law
- Proficiency in ERP software
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ready to embrace start up pace with a good sense of humour
- Passion to help transform the world
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should click here to apply